February 15th 2012
RE: CIVL Radio Campaign Focus Group
As you may already know, CIVL Radio will be holding a referendum to increase student fees at the end of March. Our previous campaign and referendum in December was unsuccessful by only 66 out of 854 votes (a margin of 7%). We realize that our posters and advertising for the referendum is in need of improvement. With that in mind, we hope to improve our campaign strategy and hold a successful second referendum.
With an increased budget, CIVL Radio will be able to provide better services for students including:
- Hire more staff members
- Provide incentives for volunteers and students
- Host more events on campus and in the community
- Sponsor community projects/ non-profit organizations
- Invest in new technology and maintain our current equipment
- Fund a new tower with range from Cloverdale to Hope
- Hold more contests and give away prizes
- Create a richer environment on campus and more experiences for students
We will be hosting an open campaign meeting on February 22th at 4:30 pm to generate support for our referendum and to hear any feedback and suggestions. We will meet at CIVL Radio and proceed to a meeting room.
Thank you for showing interest in your award winning campus/community radio station. We hope to see you on February 22nd! There will be some light refreshments. If you plan to attend, please RSVP to email@example.com.
CMNS Practicum Student